Children’s Week aims to bring world-wide attention to the need to understand, appreciate and care about children. Children’s Week focuses on a variety of issues including the health, care, education, cultural, social and emotional needs of children and the importance of recognising their achievements.
The Association is dedicated to organising a variety of activities to promote the following aims and objectives:
- To achieve recognition of children through publicity and promotion of events and activities in conjunction with universal celebrations.
- To develop global awareness of children’s special needs through publicity and promotion in conjunction with such groups as the United Nations Association of Australia and UNICEF.
- To promote healthy and active lives for children through care, education, health, physical activity and cultural programs designed for local involvement.
- To encourage community involvement in celebrating childhood through a number of organised educational, cultural and physical activity events.
- To demonstrate in a practical way, concern for the well-being of children throughout South Australia.
- To increase community awareness of children’s achievements and abilities.